Group Crisis Intervention
Group Crisis Intervention Approved Instructor Candidate Program:
San Francisco, CA June 6-9, 2013
Designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive, systematic and multi-component crisis intervention curriculum, the Group Crisis Intervention course will prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services. Fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically demobilizations, defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
This course is designed for anyone in the fields of Business & Industry Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
- Relevant research findings
- Relevant recommendations for practice
- Incident assessment
- Strategic intervention planning
- “Resistance, resilience, recovery” continuum
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
- Reducing risks
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
Successful completion of the Approved Instructor Candidate Program will allow you to teach this curriculum to others. Continuing education will be required to maintain your instructor status.
Prerequisites for Participation in Approved Instructor Candidate Program:
- Completion of the following ICISF courses as taught by ICISF or by an approved ICISF instructor. (Copies of certificates of completion are required to accompany the application.)
- Group Crisis Intervention
- Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support
- Advanced Group Crisis Intervention
- Minimum of three years crisis intervention/ traumatic stress experience.
- Active membership on a crisis intervention team
- Current ICISF membership
- Letter of recommendation from a local, state or regional CISM team or agency / institution dated within three months of application due date.
- Letter of endorsement from a local, state or regional CISM coordinator or clinical director dated within three months of application due date.
- At least one of the letters of recommendation must attest to the instructor candidate's teaching ability. If neither of the aforementioned letters can do so, a third letter must be submitted.
- Copy of a current CV or resume.
- Brief statement outlining:
- Your crisis intervention/traumatic stress experience (a minimum of three years are required).
- Your active membership on a crisis intervention team
- Your instructional experience.
- Reasons for applying for ICISF Approved Instructor Training.