Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered at the following upcoming Regional Training. Click on the city name for further information and registration: Chicago, IL, Houston, TX, Regina SK.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Course Description:In today’s high tech, fast paced world, having content knowledge and teaching experience is only a small part of being an effective trainer. Keeping your audience engaged throughout a course requires using innovative styles of learning, imaginative Power Point presentations, and creative interactions. Great presentation style will make the difference between a participant leaving the course with just the content or leaving and being able to retain and utilize the knowledge learned.This course is designed for current and aspiring ICISF Approved Instructors and will help trainers of all levels to improve their skills by earning positive evaluations and feedback. Participants will be encouraged to share their best teaching practices.
- Characteristics of Adult Learners
- Positive Learning Environments
- Using the proper equipment
- Embedding Power Point with video clips
- “Team Teaching”
- Developing and Managing Learning Activities
- Marketing CISM Training
Completion of “Best Training Practices” for the CISM Instructor” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (7 Contact Hours) qualifies as a course in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
Continuing Education Information
One-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
7 Contact Hours; 7 PDHs for EAPs; 7 Contact Hours for National Certified Addiction Counselors; OR .7 General CEUs from UMBC
Continuing education information listed is only applicable when attending an ICISF Regional Training.