Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
In today’s high tech, fast paced world, having content knowledge and teaching experience is only a small part of being an effective trainer. Keeping your audience engaged throughout a course requires using innovative styles of learning, imaginative Power Point presentations, and creative interactions. Great presentation style will make the difference between a participant leaving the course with just the content or leaving and being able to retain and utilize the knowledge learned.This course is designed for current and aspiring ICISF Approved Instructors and will help trainers of all levels to improve their skills by earning positive evaluations and feedback. Participants will be encouraged to share their best teaching practices.
- Characteristics of Adult Learners
- Positive Learning Environments
- Using the proper equipment
- Embedding Power Point with video clips
- “Team Teaching”
- Developing and Managing Learning Activities
- Marketing CISM Training
Completion of “Best Training Practices for the CISM Instructor” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (7 Contact Hours) qualifies as a course in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours:
7 Contact Hours: 0.7 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 7 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 7 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – February 28, 2023)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Live Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.