Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered as a Remote Learning – Virtual Training! Learn More & Register.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
After learning the CISM techniques it is important to get the experience in using and maintaining the skills necessary to do quality interventions. This course has been designed to provide participants with direct application and practice of skills of crisis intervention techniques. The course emphasizes a broadening of the knowledge base concerning critical incident stress management interventions as well as the practice of each application. Participants will learn some training techniques and activities that they might use to assist their teams in additional skill building.This course has been developed for Employee Assistance Programs, human resources staff, public safety personnel, mental health professionals, chaplains, paramedics, firefighters, physicians, police officers, nurses, dispatchers, airline personnel and disaster workers to increase mastery and confidence in the skills learned during the CISM core courses.
- Skills in organizing appropriate CISM responses
- Conducting Crisis Management Briefings
- Participate as a Team member and a “participant” of an event
- Appropriate CISM activities for a variety of incidents
- Range of CISM techniques within the CISM process
- Understanding of CISM principles for each activity
- “Teaching” phases in each type of CISM experience
- Defusing steps and purposes
- Alternative techniques to accomplish the goals of CISM
- One on one skills using CISM process
Certificates and Continuing Education:
General Contact Hours:
Two-Day Course; 13 Contact Hours: 1.3 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE). Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
ICISF Certificate of Completion:
After the completion of this ICISF course, with verified full attendance, participants are eligible to receive an electronic ICISF Certificate of Completion including General Continuing Education Units. Participants are required to complete a course evaluation prior to receiving this Certificate of Completion.
Completion of ICISF courses and receipt of an ICISF Certificate of Completion does not attest to competence in the field, nor does it provide certification in the field of CISM.
Profession Specific CEUs:
If you are seeking continuing education requirements for a specific profession, contacting the relevant state licensing board is the best way to ensure you have the most up-to-date and accurate information. They can provide you with specific details regarding whether a Certificate of Completion from a particular course or program will be accepted towards your continuing education requirements.
If the ICISF course you attend is offered through:
ICISF Virtual Training, Online Training, or Regional Training, it is approved for the following:
- EAPA – Employee Assistance Professionals Association
13 PDHs; Expiration Date – April 11, 2024
- NAADAC – the Association for Addiction Professionals
13 CE Credits; Expiration Date – February 28, 2025
This course has been approved by International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF), as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider # 87914, International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF), is responsible for all aspects of the programing.
ICISF Speakers Bureau Program: It is up to the Sponsoring Agency to apply for profession-specific Continuing Education Units (CEUs) if they choose to do so.
ICISF Approved-Instructor led Program: While our Approved Instructors have the authority to teach specific ICISF courses, it is their responsibility to apply for profession-specific Continuing Education Units (CEUs) if they choose to do so.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the Certificate of Completion as a means for continuing education.
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Virtual Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.