Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
After learning the CISM techniques it is important to get the experience in using and maintaining the skills necessary to do quality interventions. This course has been designed to provide participants with direct application and practice of skills of crisis intervention techniques. The course emphasizes a broadening of the knowledge base concerning critical incident stress management interventions as well as the practice of each application. Participants will learn some training techniques and activities that they might use to assist their teams in additional skill building.This course has been developed for Employee Assistance Programs, human resources staff, public safety personnel, mental health professionals, chaplains, paramedics, firefighters, physicians, police officers, nurses, dispatchers, airline personnel and disaster workers to increase mastery and confidence in the skills learned during the CISM core courses.
- Skills in organizing appropriate CISM responses
- Conducting Crisis Management Briefings
- Participate as a Team member and a “participant” of an event
- Appropriate CISM activities for a variety of incidents
- Range of CISM techniques within the CISM process
- Understanding of CISM principles for each activity
- “Teaching” phases in each type of CISM experience
- Defusing steps and purposes
- Alternative techniques to accomplish the goals of CISM
- One on one skills using CISM process
Continuing Education Information:
Two-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
13 Contact Hours: 1.3 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
13 PDHs for EAPs, 13 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.