Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered as a Remote Learning – Live Training! Learn More & Register.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
After learning the CISM techniques it is important to get the experience in using and maintaining the skills necessary to do quality interventions. This course has been designed to provide participants with direct application and practice of skills of crisis intervention techniques. The course emphasizes a broadening of the knowledge base concerning critical incident stress management interventions as well as the practice of each application. Participants will learn some training techniques and activities that they might use to assist their teams in additional skill building.This course has been developed for Employee Assistance Programs, human resources staff, public safety personnel, mental health professionals, chaplains, paramedics, firefighters, physicians, police officers, nurses, dispatchers, airline personnel and disaster workers to increase mastery and confidence in the skills learned during the CISM core courses.
- Skills in organizing appropriate CISM responses
- Conducting Crisis Management Briefings
- Participate as a Team member and a “participant” of an event
- Appropriate CISM activities for a variety of incidents
- Range of CISM techniques within the CISM process
- Understanding of CISM principles for each activity
- “Teaching” phases in each type of CISM experience
- Defusing steps and purposes
- Alternative techniques to accomplish the goals of CISM
- One on one skills using CISM process
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours:
13 Contact Hours: 1.3 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 13 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 13 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – February 28, 2023)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Live Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.