- Veteran with PTSD and his Family are Gifted a Home for the Brave
- Veterans’ Mental health issues: Programs developed to combat them
- “The impact of pandemics on health professionals”
- First Responders reaching out for mental health support: increase of 50%
- National First Responders Day: Break down the stigma
- 911 night-shift supervisor launches peer support team
- First responders in all 50 states using University of Minnesota app to manage compassion fatigue
- Helping Australia’s first responders deal with the trauma they see daily
- VALUE LIFE: Pandemic, civil unrest affecting first responder mental health
- Mental Health Awareness for first responders
- Opinion: Peer support can help bridge gaps in mental-health services
ICISF is proud to be a National Strategic Partner with the Lighthouse Health & Wellness to share their important mission and resources for public safety officials and agencies.
Lighthouse Health & Wellness, New ICISF Partner
The Lighthouse Health & Wellness Mission
Their mission is two-fold. First and foremost, Lighthouse Health & Wellness seeks to ensure that every public safety agency in the nation is able to provide its employees and families with confidential and anonymous access to health and wellness resources. Second, they want to foster the discovery, development, and distribution of health and wellness tools, information, and initiatives that address the unique challenges faced by first responders and those who support them.
Providing Access with No Strings Attached & the Desire to Give Back
When it comes to something as critically important as officer’s mental health, profits shouldn’t be the highest priority. Our public safety officials deserve streamlined access to these essential and potentially life-saving tools, and Lighthouse Health & Wellness is proud to be able to deliver that service free of charge.
Additionally, they can provide customizable agency-branded apps that house the core tools, along with additional features for a very reasonable price. The funds raised from the custom version allow them to continue to innovate and expand program awareness.
As the Lighthouse Health & Wellness community grows, they pledge to foster the discovery, development, and distribution of health and wellness tools, information, and initiatives that address the unique challenges faced by first responders and those who support them.
Law Enforcement Health & Wellness Scholarship Application
In partnership with the National Center for the Prevention of Community Violence and supported by funding from Apex Mobile, Lighthouse Health & Wellness is now offering scholarships for the development of custom health & wellness applications to law enforcement agencies across the nation as part of Project Lighthouse.
The Project Lighthouse initiative promotes public safety wellness through use of mobile app and web portal platforms to provide our nation’s first responders and families confidential, anonymous access to culturally competent, cutting edge health/wellness information and resources.
- The pandemic proves we all should know ‘psychological first aid.’
- Positive result on PTSD screen linked to 58% increase in veteran suicide mortality risk
- Peer Support: The missing piece of the mental health puzzle
- Researchers work to help COVID-19 responders in mental distress
- Whether it's hurricanes or COVID-19, disasters are driving a mental health crisis
- September is National Preparedness month! Disasters Don't Wait- Make your plan today
###Many 911 responders often experience critical incidents that break their spirits and leave them with physical and emotional scars. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder negatively impacts mental wellbeing, interferes with work performance, relationships, and self-care. It may increase premature retirements, marital discord, and even suicide. The more we know about PTSD, the more we can reduce its risk. PTSD is treatable and we encourage people to seek help before more serious damage occurs. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder effects can be reduced and in many cases eliminated. This PTSD911 documentary can help individuals suffering from PTSD to have hope that tomorrow will be a better day than today.
- Critical Incident Stress Management offers help to front line workers in the pandemic https://www.wtrf.com/news/good-news/critical-incident-stress-management-offers-help-to-front-line-workers-in-the-pandemic/
- Senate passes bill ensuring LODD benefits for first responder virus deaths https://www.policeone.com/coronavirus-covid-19/articles/senate-passes-bill-ensuring-lodd-benefits-for-first-responder-virus-deaths-H8sYkrZm9NOJiBRw/
- The Thin Blue Line: Sacrifice remembered during National Police Week https://www.montrosepress.com/news/the-thin-blue-line-sacrifice-remembered-during-national-police-week/article_a9959686-9482-11ea-a039-3bdce024c7cb.html
- Faces of nursing in Anne Arundel: National Nurses Day celebrates heroes of the coronavirus pandemic https://www.capitalgazette.com/coronavirus/ac-cn-coronavirus-national-nurses-week-20200506-urh57xnjizcfdfhenwidqancmm-story.html
- DC chefs cook 15,000 meals for front-line workers and those in need https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/dc-chefs-cook-15000-meals-for-front-line-workers-and-those-in-need/65-8d976afe-4e98-46ed-bcb4-df6db999d40d
- Mental health centers offer help to health care workers responding to pandemic https://www.denverpost.com/2020/04/29/mental-health-care-doctors-nurse-first-responders-coronavirus-stress/
- Mattel releases new toys to honor workers on the front lines of the coronavirus battle https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mattel-thank-you-heroes-frontline-workers-action-figures/
- Stress in the Time of the Coronavirus https://www.delmarvapublicradio.net/post/stress-time-coronavirus-dt-04-24-2020-part-two
- NYC's Kissaki delivers over 800 meals to first responders battling Covid-19 https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nycs-kissaki-delivers-over-800-meals-to-first-responders-battling-covid-19-301047065.html
- What It’s Like to Be a First Responder During COVID-19 https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04/16/what-its-like-to-be-a-first-responder-during-covid-19/