Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
The role of CISM Teams deployed to disaster areas needs to be aligned with the individuals and organizations who have preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation functions associated with the disasters. This course will serve as a basis upon which participants will have an opportunity to interact with others responsible for the provision of Emergency Management activities and decisions during disasters and major emergency situations. Utilizing concepts of Emergency Management and Critical Incident Stress Management, participants will engage in interactive exercises dealing with the various phases of Disaster Management.This course is designed as a primer course for fire, police, emergency medical services, emergency managers, doctors, nurses, mental health professionals, clinicians, practitioners, current and future CISM Team members, chief executive officers of municipalities and governmental agencies, as well as CEOs of business and industry.
- Development of Emergency Management
- Life Cycle phases of Disaster
- Hazards and assessment of risks
- Vulnerability & human impact of hazards
- Areas of concern in disasters
- CISM Intervention to assist victims
- Means of coping with the stress of disorder
Continuing Education Information:
Two-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
14 Contact Hours: 1.4 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 14 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 14 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.