Wellness and the Mental Health of First Responders continues to be in the forefront of news over the last month.
From reporting of annual suicide rates among various occupations to plans for addressing concerns, take a look at our compilation of recent coverage.
- Record number of LEOs died by suicide in 2019
- Addressing the epidemic of firefighter suicide
- Task force aims to reduce suicide rates for first responders
- Addressing operational stress and PTSD among police
- Veteran shares challenges, pain of PTSD in hope of helping others
- PTSD can wreck the lives of first responders. A Woodstock firefighter wants to change that
- Fire departments step up their mental health game
- Battling the loss of police in America: A cop’s desperate call for help
- The deaths of five law enforcement officers have caused leadership to re-evaluate how departments approach mental health
- Fire chief talks about the dangers of the job and importance of mental health
- New law making mental health services more accessible for first responders
- Suicide spurs fire union’s mental health pitch
- Retired officer steps in to save cop from taking his own life