Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Business, government and industrial environments require a unique application of the ICISF model. Those who may be involved with or are currently offering CISM services to this setting require the knowledge of the CISM model as it applies to business, government and industry. Learn how to integrate CISM approaches with the realities of the work environment as well as models of prevention and intervention.
This course is designed to introduce the ICISF model to anyone currently working or potentially working in or with the business, government or industrial workplace.
- Elements of CISM approaches
- Complexities of the business, government or industrial environment
- Interfacing with supporting organizations
- Techniques to develop workplace interventions
- Develop pre-incident education programs
- Quickly assess what services are needed
- Working with an organization’s management
- Components to developing a private CISM team
- Practice skills of critical incident response
- After the crisis- programs to assist organization growth
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours:
14 Contact Hours: 1.4 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 14 PDHs from EAPA– Employee Assistance Professionals Association (Expiration Date – May 31, 2023)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Virtual Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.