Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
This two-day course intends to help persons working in all areas of the field of trauma to formulate their own working ethical principles, within frameworks of appropriate codes, standards of practice and competence, and principles of intervention. Using a workbook approach, participants will have the opportunity to discuss issues, develop mission statements, and examine their own personal/professional value systems and standards.
Upon completion, participants will be able to: Have a basic understanding of the functions of ethics and ethical codes; Identify their own professional and personal values that impact their work in the field; Have a written mission statement and look at why they do the work they do; Understand basic principles of competence; Examine the role of culture in ethical decision making; Look at areas of potential ethical dilemmas; Recognize the need for self-care as an ethical decision.
- Looking at Ethics
- Functions of Ethics
- Looking at Values: Personal and Professional
- What Guides Your Work?
- Basic Principles of Competence Efficacy
- Designing a Personal Code of Ethics
- Potential Ethical Dilemmas
- Cultural Considerations and Ethics
- Ethics and Forensic Work, Education, Research, Consultation
- Ethics and Self Care
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours:
13 Contact Hours: 1.3 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 13 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Live Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.