Law Enforcement Perspectives for CISM Enhancement – Online Course
This is a three (3) week, self-paced online course, August 26-September 13, 2019.
Learn to identify, understand, and work with the “Blue Wall of Silence” in the law enforcement community. Designed to provide insight and understanding of the different types of stress in law enforcement culture from a systems perspectives emphasis, this course will provide practical “back pocket skills” in providing crisis intervention services to law enforcement organizations and individual personnel in crisis.The LE Perspectives course is intended for law enforcement officers, their families, mental health professionals, chaplains, and organizations that interact within the law enforcement community. It is an excellent course for CISM teams and team members who would want to enhance their understanding of the differences in the law enforcement culture as compared to other first responder cultures. Full Course Description
- This three (3) week, self-paced online course will run August 26-September 13, 2019.
- Orientation will be available to review as soon as you register for this course.
- Please note that this is an online course. It is important that you know your computer, which is why we open orientation prior to the course open dates.
- Click here to view our updated Terms and Conditions for online courses before you register.
- This course is a part of the Emergency Services specialty track for the Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
- 14 PDHs for EAPs; 14 Contact Hours for National Certified Addiction Counselors; 1.4 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers
- $275.00 for ICISF members; $350.00 for non-members.
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
Author & Instructor: Chief Peter Volkmann, MSW
Biography of Chief Peter Volkmann, MSW