Managing School Crises: From Theory to Application – Online Course
Before You Register: You Must Be Comfortable With An Online Platform And Your Computer.
This is a two (2) week online course, which will run from October 21-November 1, 2019. This course is a self paced, interactive course which contains discussions and assignments on the content.
Designed to prepare school administrators and all educators for the inevitable crises that occur within schools and/or that effect those in schools, this training reflects the 3 most common phases of a crisis: pre-crisis planning, acute crisis response and post-crisis activities. Special attention is given to the most common pitfalls (those that pose the most threat to school personnel from a liability standpoint) associated with crisis response activities.Participants of this training are introduced to the CISM framework and specific intervention techniques that can easily be applied within the school setting. These intervention techniques are research-informed and widely recognized for their effectiveness. Participants will be given opportunities to explore the elements of effective crisis management through multiple group activities. Full Course Description
Group Crisis Intervention is recommended as a prerequisite but not required as an overview of intervention techniques will be provided.
- This two (2) week, self-paced online course will run October 21-November 1, 2019.
- Orientation will be available to review as soon as you register for this course.
- Please note that this is an online course. It is important that you know your computer, which is why we open orientation prior to the course open dates.
- Click here to view our updated Terms and Conditions for online courses before you register.
- This course is a part of the Schools and Children Crisis Response specialty track for the Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
- 14 PDHs for EAPs; 14 Contact Hours for National Certified Addiction Counselors; 1.4 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers
- $250.00 for ICISF members; $295.00 for non-members.
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
Author & Instructor: Barbara Ertl
Biography of Barbara Ertl, LPC, CTS