Suicide Awareness: An Introduction for Crisis Responders – Online Course
Due to the overwhelming response for this online course, registration has been closed. Our next online course will run in 2019. Sign up for our email notifications to be notified when registration opens later this year.
This is a two-week, self-paced course, October 8-19, 2018.
The ability to recognize and effectively intervene with suicidal individuals is one of the most challenging aspects of crisis intervention. This course is recommended for those without formal mental health training. The course is designed to increase awareness of suicide, and equip participants with information and basic skills to respond to a person considering suicide. Discussions, demonstrations, and scenarios will be used to facilitate learning. This is an introductory level course. Full Course Description
- This two week self-paced online course will run October 8-19, 2018.
- Orientation for this online course will open October 1, 2018.
- Please note that this online course is taught through BlackBoard. It is important that you know your computer, which is why we open orientation prior to the course open dates.
- Click here to view our updated Terms and Conditions for online courses before you register.
- 14 PDHs for EAPs; 14 Contact Hours for NAADAC; 1.4 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers
- $250.00 for ICISF members; $295.00 for non-members.
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
Instructor: Victor Welzant, Psy.D.