Techniques for Delivering Bad News for Crisis Response Personnel – Online Course
Due to the overwhelming response for this online course, registration has been closed. Our next online course will run in 2019. Sign up for our email notifications to be notified when registration opens later this year.
This is a two (2) week, self-paced online course, October 8-19, 2018.
Whether we are a recipient or a messenger of bad news, it impacts and distresses each of us. The necessity of delivering upsetting information causes most people distress. No one likes to be the bearer of bad news. The difficult task, however, can be made less painful if certain principles and practices are employed. This one-day course provides the participants with a variety of insights that will help them to organize and deliver disturbing news. It also provides guidelines for assisting the recipients once the announcement of the information has been made. Full Course Description
- This two (2) week, self-paced online course will run October 8-19, 2018.
- Orientation will be available to review as soon as you register for this course.
- Please note that this is an online course. It is important that you know your computer, which is why we open orientation prior to the course open dates.
- Click here to view our updated Terms and Conditions for online courses before you register.
- This course is a part of the Certificate of Specialized Training Program as a two-day elective course.
- 7 PDHs for EAPs; 7 Contact Hours for National Certified Addiction Counselors; 0.7 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers
- $250.00 for ICISF members; $295.00 for non-members.
- Registration fees are non-refundable.
Author & Instructor: Mitchell, PhD, CTS, CCISM, Jeffrey T.
Biography of Jeffrey T. Mitchell, PhD