Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Explore the relationship between exposure to traumas and the often resulting addiction. Those individuals who work in the “helping professions” are statistically at a greater risk for developing addictions. The use of alcohol, drugs and other activities as a means of self-medicating overwhelming job-related stress and chronic exposure to emotionally charged events is often common place. Personality traits and the human culture of “helpers” are looked at, as well as issues of enabling and family dynamics. Good critical incident stress management MUST include an addictions component which addresses these dangers, and gives you the tools necessary to address these dependencies.
This course is for those in the “helping professions” who are at a greater risk to crisis and the potential for substance abuse and additions and those who work with this specialized population.
- Addiction Issues of Concern
- Generalized Adaptation Syndrome
- PTSD, Alcoholism and Addictions
- Extremes of Human Stress
- Assessing Incidents
- Addiction and Suicide
- Enabling, Jackpots & Co-Dependency
- Belief Systems and Recovery
- Roads to Living Clean and Sober
- Living with Someone in Recovery
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours:
14 Contact Hours: 1.4 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 14 PDHs from EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2023)
- 14 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – February 28, 2023)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Live Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.