Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered at the following upcoming Regional Training. Click on the city name for further information and registration: San Diego, CA.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Explore the relationship between exposure to traumas and the often resulting addiction. Those individuals who work in the “helping professions” are statistically at a greater risk for developing addictions. The use of alcohol, drugs and other activities as a means of self-medicating overwhelming job-related stress and chronic exposure to emotionally charged events is often common place. Personality traits and the human culture of “helpers” are looked at, as well as issues of enabling and family dynamics. Good critical incident stress management MUST include an addictions component which addresses these dangers, and gives you the tools necessary to address these dependencies.
This course is for those in the “helping professions” who are at a greater risk to crisis and the potential for substance abuse and additions and those who work with this specialized population.
- Addiction Issues of Concern
- Generalized Adaptation Syndrome
- PTSD, Alcoholism and Addictions
- Extremes of Human Stress
- Assessing Incidents
- Addiction and Suicide
- Enabling, Jackpots & Co-Dependency
- Belief Systems and Recovery
- Roads to Living Clean and Sober
- Living with Someone in Recovery
Continuing Education Information:
Two-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
14 Contact Hours: 1.4 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
14 PDHs for EAPs, 14 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.