Requesting This Course:
- For information on the Online version of this course, please click here for more information.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Learn to identify, understand, and work with the “Blue Wall of Silence” in the law enforcement community. Designed to provide insight and understanding of the different types of stress in law enforcement culture from a systems perspectives emphasis, this course will provide practical “back pocket skills” in providing crisis intervention services to law enforcement organizations and individual personnel in crisis.The LE Perspectives course is intended for law enforcement officers, their families, mental health professionals, chaplains, and organizations that interact within the law enforcement community. It is an excellent course for CISM teams and team members who would want to enhance their understanding of the differences in the law enforcement culture as compared to other first responder cultures.
- Community perceptions of the Law Enforcement Profession
- Differentiated Model of oppression in capitalistic systems
- System dysfunctions in the LE culture
- Special considerations when providing CMB group interventions
- Stress areas of a LE officer in crisis
- Specific stress areas to LE officer culture
- Healthy coping mechanisms and resiliency protective factors
- Interventions to a suicide of a LE officer or a LODD
- Addictions and CISM response
- Psychological/emotional perceptions following an officer involved shooting
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours: 14 contact hours; 1.4 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) *Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 14 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 14 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: The general & profession specific contact hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.