Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered at the following upcoming Regional Training. Click on the city name for further information and registration: Baltimore, MD.
One of the best ways to reduce the need for post-event CISM services is to build a pre-event culture of first responder wellness and resiliency. How are you preparing to mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually weather the inevitable storm? What are you doing “left of bang” to inoculate your organization? Despite your preparation, are you ready to support possible long term recovery after a crisis? This course will use interactive exercises and discussions to help you create a front end plan to win this battle by design instead of by default.
- Identify key concepts of individual pre-event resiliency and stress inoculation and begin to design and implement a personal wellness blueprint.
- Identify key concepts of organizational pre-event resiliency and stress inoculation and begin to design and implementation blueprint and plan for their specific agencies.
- Identify and discuss the linkage between building an individual and organizational resiliency culture and the implementation and delivery of peer support/CISM services.
- Identify and implement operational plans for pre-event CISM team interaction and training as well as post event mutual aid.
Continuing Education Information:
One-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
7 Contact Hours: 0.7 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
7 PDHs for EAPs, 7 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.