Requesting This Course:
- This course will be offered as a Remote Learning – Live Training! click here for more information.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
Most battles are won before the armies even step upon the field. This one day course will use interactive discussion and exercises coupled with proactive management tools to help you build and maintain an effective and resilient culture for your CISM providers.
- Use the “Perspective Triangle” to aid in defining the impact of culture
- Understand the “Left of Bang” concept of risk management
- Use the “Take 5” and “SMART” management tools to demonstrate an understanding of the “Win By Design” concept.
- Use the “ARMed3 “management tool to aid in the defining and evaluating the role of peers
This version targets public safety first responders and the CISM providers which support them but is applicable to other disciplines and organizations.
Continuing Education Information:
One-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
General Contact Hours: 7 Contact Hours: 0.7 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 7 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 7 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.