Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered as a Remote Learning – Live Training! Learn More & Register
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
Most battles are won before the armies even step upon the field. This one day course will use interactive discussion and exercises coupled with proactive management tools to help you build and maintain an effective and resilient culture for your CISM providers.
- Use the “Perspective Triangle” to aid in defining the impact of culture
- Understand the “Left of Bang” concept of risk management
- Use the “Take 5” and “SMART” management tools to demonstrate an understanding of the “Win By Design” concept.
- Use the “ARMed3 “management tool to aid in the defining and evaluating the role of peers
This version targets public safety first responders and the CISM providers which support them but is applicable to other disciplines and organizations.
Certificates and Continuing Education:
General Contact Hours:
One-Day Course; 7 Contact Hours: 0.7 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE). Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
ICISF Certificate of Completion:
After the completion of this ICISF course, with verified full attendance, participants are eligible to receive an electronic ICISF Certificate of Completion including General Continuing Education Units. Participants are required to complete a course evaluation prior to receiving this Certificate of Completion.
Completion of ICISF courses and receipt of an ICISF Certificate of Completion does not attest to competence in the field, nor does it provide certification in the field of CISM.
ICISF Speakers Bureau Program: It is up to the Sponsoring Agency to apply for profession-specific Continuing Education Units (CEUs) if they choose to do so.
ICISF Approved-Instructor led Program: While our Approved Instructors have the authority to teach specific ICISF courses, it is their responsibility to apply for profession-specific Continuing Education Units (CEUs) if they choose to do so.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the Certificate of Completion as a means for continuing education.