Requesting This Course:
- For information on the Online version of this course, please click here for more information.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Designed to prepare school administrators and all educators for the inevitable crises that occur within schools and/or that effect those in schools, this training reflects the 3 most common phases of a crisis: pre-crisis planning, acute crisis response and post-crisis activities. Special attention is given to the most common pitfalls (those that pose the most threat to school personnel from a liability standpoint) associated with crisis response activities.Participants of this training are introduced to the CISM framework and specific intervention techniques that can easily be applied within the school setting. These intervention techniques are research-informed and widely recognized for their effectiveness. Participants will be given opportunities to explore the elements of effective crisis management through multiple group activities.
Group Crisis Intervention is recommended as a prerequisite but not required as an overview of intervention techniques will be provided.
- Prevalence and nature of school crisis
- Traumatic stress on learning and school milieu
- Major components of crisis management
- Specific goals of crisis intervention and crisis management
- “Standard of Care” as it relates to school crisis management
- CISM as a model of crisis intervention
- Unique role and needs of the building administrator
- Group intervention techniques for school personnel
- Protocol used for large incidents
- Respond to and manage a large-scale incident
Continuing Education Information:
*PLEASE NOTE: The general & profession specific contact hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.