Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
This course builds on the foundations of ICISF’s “Pastoral Crisis Intervention” class. More specific advanced concepts and specific field applications where pastoral crisis intervention is applied will be covered.Prerequisite: ICISF’s “Pastoral Crisis Intervention” course. Confirmation of full attendance in ICISF’S course “Pastoral Crisis Intervention” is a prerequisite to attend this class. A copy of your certificate for ICISF’s “Pastoral Crisis Intervention” class indicating full attendance (13 Contact Hours) must be submitted with all fax and mail registrations. If registering on-line, upon completion of the registration, a copy of your registration confirmation along with a copy of your certificate for ICISF’s “Pastoral Crisis Intervention” class indicating full attendance (13 Contact Hours) must be mailed to ICISF prior to the class start date. If registering and attending Pastoral Crisis Intervention and Pastoral Crisis Intervention II at same conference there is no need to send in confirmation of prerequisite.
- Crisis intervention, CISM and PCI
- Risks and potential adverse reactions
- Advance topics in assessment
- Principals of basic spiritual first aid
- PCI with those expressing theodolitic concerns
- The incident management system (IMS)
- PCI with those expressing suicidal ideation
- PCI with those in acute bereavement
- Principles of death notification
- Principles and practices associated with self-care
Completion of “Pastoral Crisis Intervention II” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (13 Contact Hours) qualifies as a class in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
Continuing Education Information
Two-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
13 Contact Hours; 13 PDHs for EAPs; 13 Contact Hours for National Certified Addiction Counselors; OR 1.3 General CEUs from UMBC
Continuing education information listed is only applicable when attending an ICISF Regional Training.