Requesting This Course:
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
This original 2-day course (previously known as Pastoral Crisis Intervention) introduces the concept of Pastoral Crisis Intervention as the combination of faith-based resources with traditional techniques of crisis intervention. Participants will learn how pastoral interventions and traditional psychological crisis interventions may be effectively integrated.
- Nature of human crisis
- Nature of crisis intervention
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Signs and symptoms of the crisis state
- The “crisis of faith”
- Criteria for psychological triage
- Strategic SAFER-PCI Model
- Common PCI Mistakes
- Challenging PCIs
Continuing Education Information:
Two-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
13 Contact Hours: 1.3 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.