Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered as a Remote Learning – Virtual Training! Learn More & Register.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Most battles are won before the armies even step upon the field. This two-day course will use interactive discussion and exercises coupled with proactive management tools to help you build and maintain an individual and organizational “CISM Culture” of wellness and resilience.
- Use the “Perspective Triangle” to aid in defining the impact of culture.
- Understand the “Left of Bang” concept of risk management.
- Use the “Take 5” and “SMART” management tools to demonstrate an understanding of the “Win By Design” concept.
- Use the “ARMed3 “management tool to aid in the defining and evaluating the role of peers.
- Use the “PEEL-Q” tool to aid in defining the impact of organizational challenges upon the CISM culture.
- Conduct an organizational “SWOT” assessment to define and build upon what’s working within your organization.
- Understand and apply the “QCP” model to your CISM operations.
- Recognize the importance of implementing a continuous cycle of system evaluation.
Certificates and Continuing Education:
General Contact Hours:
Two-Day Course; 14 Contact Hours: 1.4 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE). Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
ICISF Certificate of Completion:
After the completion of this ICISF course, with verified full attendance, participants are eligible to receive an electronic ICISF Certificate of Completion including General Continuing Education Units. Participants are required to complete a course evaluation prior to receiving this Certificate of Completion.
Completion of ICISF courses and receipt of an ICISF Certificate of Completion does not attest to competence in the field, nor does it provide certification in the field of CISM.
Profession Specific CEUs:
If you are seeking continuing education requirements for a specific profession, contacting the relevant state licensing board is the best way to ensure you have the most up-to-date and accurate information. They can provide you with specific details regarding whether a Certificate of Completion from a particular course or program will be accepted towards your continuing education requirements.
If the ICISF course you attend is offered through:
ICISF Virtual Training, Online Training, or Regional Training, it is approved for the following:
- EAPA – Employee Assistance Professionals Association
14 PDHs; Expiration Date – April 11, 2024
ICISF Speakers Bureau Program: It is up to the Sponsoring Agency to apply for profession-specific Continuing Education Units (CEUs) if they choose to do so.
ICISF Approved-Instructor led Program: While our Approved Instructors have the authority to teach specific ICISF courses, it is their responsibility to apply for profession-specific Continuing Education Units (CEUs) if they choose to do so.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the Certificate of Completion as a means for continuing education.
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Virtual Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.