Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered as a Remote Learning – Live Training! Learn More & Register.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Most battles are won before the armies even step upon the field. This two-day course will use
interactive discussion and exercises coupled with proactive management tools to help you build
and maintain an individual and organizational “CISM Culture” of wellness and resilience.
- Use the “Perspective Triangle” to aid in defining the impact of culture.
- Understand the “Left of Bang” concept of risk management.
- Use the “Take 5” and “SMART” management tools to demonstrate an understanding of the “Win By Design” concept.
- Use the “ARMed3 “management tool to aid in the defining and evaluating the role of peers.
- Use the “PEEL-Q” tool to aid in defining the impact of organizational challenges upon the CISM culture.
- Conduct an organizational “SWOT” assessment to define and build upon what’s working within your organization.
- Understand and apply the “QCP” model to your CISM operations.
- Recognize the importance of implementing a continuous cycle of system evaluation.
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours:
14 Contact Hours: 1.4 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 14 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Live Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.