Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered as a Remote Learning – Virtual Training! Learn More & Register.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
One of the toughest situations to face is the line of duty death. The administrative and logistical aspects of a LODD are often overwhelming to those individuals and agencies that are ill prepared. This course will address many of those issues as well as give special attention to pre-incident planning and proper follow-up services. This interactive class has been designed to prepare Emergency Service providers, military personnel, school administrators, municipal officials as well as CISM teams who may need to address a Line of Duty Death.
- Emotional and psychological impact of LODD
- Critical injury in the line of duty
- Line of duty death or injury notifications
- Additional resources for agencies/professions
- Administrative and logistical action plans
- Debriefing steps of a line-of-duty death process
- Stages of grief
- Cultural differences
- Care for the organization and the surviving family
- CISM components after a line of duty death/injury
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours: 13 contact hours; 1.3 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) *Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 13 PDHs from EAPA- Employee Assistance Professionals Association (Expiration Date – May 31, 2023)
- 13 CE NAADAC- This course has been approved by International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF), as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider # 87914, International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF), is responsible for all aspects of the programing (Expiration Date – Feb 28, 2025)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Live Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.