Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Family members of our public safety responder’s are a big part of the natural support system fundamental to the responder’s well-being. When a critical event or other crisis activates a stress response in the responder, family members may not be included in the support offered by the agency or department. This class will take the standard ICISF interventions, modify and adjust them for family interventions. An accepted approach that accommodates the needs of family members can provide education and reassuring services that support our responder’s family members.
- Understand the need for family support in public safety services and the stress challenges facing responder’s family members
- Understand the value of family communication as it pertains to family support
- Develop an awareness of the components for a comprehensive family CISM stress management program and the differences between standard ICISF CISM components and family CISM interventions
- Engage in practice opportunities for ICISF family crisis intervention
- Explore CISM team challenges in the provision of CISM services to responder’s families
Continuing Education Information:
One-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
7 Contact Hours: 0.7 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 7 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 7 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.