Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Crisis intervention and critical incident stress management strategies and interventions can only be effectively delivered through a well-organized and orchestrated crisis response team. Team development and management skills are critical to the effective functioning of a crisis response team. This session will explore: leadership and management strategies; team development activities; team evolution considerations; preventative maintenance; learning from the past; and how to help teams remain healthy.
This course is designed for anyone in a team leadership position or who aspires to contribute to the organization or continued development of a crisis support, CISM, or peer support team. The program is essential to the development and maintenance of these programs.
- Framework for an effective CISM Team
- Appropriate policies and procedures for CISM Team operation
- Two management theories and the characteristics of each
- Steps in team development
- Key skills for successful leadership
- Methods to keep teams healthy
- Minimum standards for training of team members
- Barriers to team development
- Group dynamics that effect team operation
- Difficult team maintenance issues
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours:
13 Contact Hours: 1.3 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 13 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 13 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Live Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.