Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered at the following upcoming Regional Training. Click on the city name for further information and registration: Portland, ME.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Whether we are a recipient or a messenger of bad news, it impacts and distresses each of us. The necessity of delivering upsetting information causes most people distress. No one likes to be the bearer of bad news. The difficult task, however, can be made less painful if certain principles and practices are employed. This one-day course provides the participants with a variety of insights that will help them to organize and deliver disturbing news. It also provides guidelines for assisting the recipients once the announcement of the information has been made.
- Elements of crisis intervention that are commonly utilized in the provision of disturbing bad news
- Primary steps required to make an effective announcement of upsetting information
- Common reactions of people when the y are informed of emotionally distressing information
- Components of an announcement of bad news
- Distress experienced by the recipients of psychology disturbing news
- Special considerations for providing bad news to children, the elderly and persons with special needs
Continuing Education Information:
*PLEASE NOTE: The general & profession specific contact hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.