- To register for this online course, visit our Asynchronous Online Course page.
- Coming Soon as a Live & In-Person Training.
This course is designed to aid you in building a personal culture of resilience and holistic health. Our unique approach is intended to help you learn to better manage the stress in your life in order to increase your potential for happiness, success, and even create a competitive advantage through the creation of what we call Psychological Body Armor ™. There is no “quick fix” in this program. It is not designed to be a “pop psych” feel-good course. Rather, this course contains facts and specific suggestions for actions you can take to enhance your personal resilience, all based upon the latest and most credible science.
Students will be able to:
- Describe the nature of Psychological Body Armor ™ (PBA)
- Recognize resilient attitudes
- Use physical exercise to strengthen PBA
- Use nutrition to fuel PBA
- Use rest to recharge and restore PBA
- Use interpersonal support
- Understand how spirituality relates to PBA
- Develop a PBA plan
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours:
3 Contact Hours: 0.3 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.