- This course is being offered as a Remote Learning – Virtual Training! Learn More & Register.
- For information on the Online version of this course, please click here for more information.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
This course is designed to aid you in building a personal culture of resilience and holistic health. Our unique approach is intended to help you learn to better manage the stress in your life in order to increase your potential for happiness, success, and even create a competitive advantage through the creation of what we call Psychological Body Armor ™. There is no “quick fix” in this program. It is not designed to be a “pop psych” feel-good course. Rather, this course contains facts and specific suggestions for actions you can take to enhance your personal resilience, all based upon the latest and most credible science.
Students will be able to:
- Describe the nature of Psychological Body Armor ™ (PBA)
- Recognize resilient attitudes
- Use physical exercise to strengthen PBA
- Use nutrition to fuel PBA
- Use rest to recharge and restore PBA
- Use interpersonal support
- Understand how spirituality relates to PBA
- Develop a PBA plan
Continuing Education Information:
1 Day Course
7 Contact Hours: 0.7 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 7 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors – Pending
- 7 CE Credits from EAPA/EACC – (Expiration- May 31, 2023)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Live Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.