Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered at the following upcoming Regional Training. Click on the city name for further information and registration: San Diego, CA
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Thought Field Therapy (TFT) eliminates overwhelming emotional distress in minutes. There are no negative side effects, it does not require the retelling of the events, and TFT works with skeptical individuals. TFT is a non-cognitive approach that uses the control mechanism for the mind, body, and emotions found in the energy system of Chinese medicine. Clients tap with their fingertips on meridian treatment points in specific sequences while thinking of past or future events triggering the overwhelming distress. Standard tapping patterns have been established for most negative emotions based on the causal diagnostic procedures discovered by Dr. Roger Callahan and developed over twenty years with thousands of individuals.
Participants receive the Video: Introduction to Thought Field Therapy, Trauma and Thought Field Therapy by Roger Callahan, PhD, and the Algorithm Training Manual.
“You would not believe how much we do TFT in the Field!” -Deb Boehme, PhD, EMT-I, State Coordinator for the New Mexico CISM Team and Crisis Response Network.
- Basic skills to effectively use TFT
- Applications of Algorithms
- Strategies for integrating TFT
- Adapting TFT to various populations and settings
- Overcoming resistance to rapid treatment approaches
- Anger, Resentment, Guilt & Grief
- Addictive Urges
- Simple Phobias
- Stress Reduction
- Rapid Relaxation
Continuing Education Information
Two-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
14 Contact Hours; 14 PDHs for EAPs; 14 Contact Hours for National Certified Addiction Counselors; OR 1.4 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers.
Continuing education information listed is only applicable when attending an ICISF Regional Trainings.