Requesting This Course:
- This course will be offered as a Remote Learning – Live Training! Learn More & Register.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Thought Field Therapy (TFT) eliminates overwhelming emotional distress in minutes. There are no negative side effects, it does not require the retelling of the events, and TFT works with skeptical individuals. TFT is a non-cognitive approach that uses the control mechanism for the mind, body, and emotions found in the energy system of Chinese medicine. Clients tap with their fingertips on meridian treatment points in specific sequences while thinking of past or future events triggering the overwhelming distress. Standard tapping patterns have been established for most negative emotions based on the causal diagnostic procedures discovered by Dr. Roger Callahan and developed over twenty years with thousands of individuals.
Participants receive the Video: Introduction to Thought Field Therapy, Trauma and Thought Field Therapy by Roger Callahan, PhD, and the Algorithm Training Manual.
“You would not believe how much we do TFT in the Field!” -Deb Boehme, PhD, EMT-I, State Coordinator for the New Mexico CISM Team and Crisis Response Network.
- Basic skills to effectively use TFT
- Applications of Algorithms
- Strategies for integrating TFT
- Adapting TFT to various populations and settings
- Overcoming resistance to rapid treatment approaches
- Anger, Resentment, Guilt & Grief
- Addictive Urges
- Simple Phobias
- Stress Reduction
- Rapid Relaxation
Continuing Education Information:
Two-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
14 Contact Hours: 1.4 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 14 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 14 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.