Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
This course will be an interactive training experience designed for those who treat complex PTSD. The format will include lecture discussion, videotape material and scenario based exercises regarding relevant treatment issues. Participants will review treatment planning, stages of treatment, crisis management and suicidality, and the role of CISM in the management of complex PTSD, and special focus will be placed on managing transference and countertransference reactions in complex PTSD. The interactive format will allow participants to identify specific problem areas of interest for discussion. This course is designed for all professionals involved in the treatment of complex PTSD. It will assume some familiarity with basic CISM principles.
- Definition of PTSD
- Psychotraumatology: Models of treatment
- Treatment Planning
- Group Treatment planning exercise
- Transference and Countertransference
- Countertransference group exercise
- Crisis Management and Suicidality in complex PTSD
Continuing Education Information:
One-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
7 Contact Hours: 0.7 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 7 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2020) Renewal Pending
- 7 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.