Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered at the following upcoming Regional Training. Click on the city name for further information and registration: Las Vegas, NV.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
This course will be an interactive training experience designed for those who treat complex PTSD. The format will include lecture discussion, videotape material and scenario based exercises regarding relevant treatment issues. Participants will review treatment planning, stages of treatment, crisis management and suicidality, and the role of CISM in the management of complex PTSD, and special focus will be placed on managing transference and countertransference reactions in complex PTSD. The interactive format will allow participants to identify specific problem areas of interest for discussion. This course is designed for all professionals involved in the treatment of complex PTSD. It will assume some familiarity with basic CISM principles.
- Definition of PTSD
- Psychotraumatology: Models of treatment
- Treatment Planning
- Group Treatment planning exercise
- Transference and Countertransference
- Countertransference group exercise
- Crisis Management and Suicidality in complex PTSD
Completion of “The Treatment of Complex PTSD” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (7 Contact Hours) qualifies as a class in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
Continuing Education Information
One-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
7 Contact Hours; 7 PDHs for EAPs OR .7 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers
Continuing education information listed is only applicable when attending an ICISF Regional Training.