Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
This curriculum is designed for those who already have some training or experiential background in individual and/or group crisis intervention, and want to gain a criminal justice perspective on crisis. ICISF recognizes that many crisis interveners encounter crime victims in the course of their individual work and in their work as members of CISM teams.
This course is designed for all CISM practitioners and will enable them to make appropriate referrals to both community- and system-based crime victim assistance programs once initial crisis intervention has been provided.
- Overview of Victimology
- Criminal justice and victimology terms
- How the criminal justice system works
- Crime victims’ rights
- Community-Based and System-Based Programs available
- Reaction to victimization — psychological, physical, mental and social
- Individual intervention needs of crime victims
- Group Crisis Intervention with Crime Victims
- Effective collaboration with professional victim service providers
- Resources on victimology
Continuing Education Information:
Two-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
14 Contact Hours: 1.4 General CEUs from UMBC Training Centers
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
14 PDHs for EAPs, 14 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.