Requesting This Course:
- This course will be offered as a Remote Learning – Live Presentation! Learn More & Register.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Violence in the workplace is a serious health and safety issue. This course will provide an overview of current thinking and best practices in workplace violence prevention, response, and recovery. The focus will be on designing a proactive approach as well as a comprehensive response plan to meet the needs of organizations at risk. An interactive format, with group exercises and scenarios will be used to enhance the application of the material to simulated events. We will review actual workplace violence case studies, taking a “lessons learned “approach. Participants will be asked to bring their experience, questions, and specific workplace violence concerns to the training to enhance the practical value of the course. This course will benefit crisis responders as well as any business, employee or management group interested in successful strategies in dealing with workplace violence.
- Workplace Violence Defined
- Categories and Types of Workplace Violence
- Prevention Strategies
- Threat Assessment
- Response Strategies
- Recovery Issues
- Challenging Situations
- Healthy Workplace Characteristics
Continuing Education Information:
One-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
7 Contact Hours: 0.7 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 7 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 7 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.