Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered at the following upcoming Regional Training. Click on the city name for further information and registration: Regina SK
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Every day thousands of people are exposed to traumatic events in their workplace which can have significant impact and cause a number of challenges for a company and its employees. The types of events they are exposed to are varied and most often unexpected. Tragic events impact the productivity and psychological health of employees, whether from workplace violence, sudden death, massive layoffs or a natural disaster. When a traumatic event occurs, many businesses are not adequately prepared and need guidance on how to respond.
This course is designed for anyone wanting to learn all aspects of assisting businesses in preparing for and responding to potential traumatic incidents in the workplace. Those who seek to provide Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) services in the corporate field must possess a comprehensive understanding of how to interface with a wide variety of businesses and corporations.
- Critical incidents that can affect a workplace
- Industry-specific culture and risk factors
- Referral, site assessment, and consultation
- Entities involved in a corporate crisis
- Issues and challenges of HR in a crisis
- Psychological crisis, employee concerns and wellness
- Creating a crisis plan for a business
- Developing a Peer team within a business
- Appropriate CISM interventions within a workplace
- Getting started in workplace crisis preparation and response
Two-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
14 Contact Hours; 14 PDHs for EAPs; 14 Contact Hours for National Certified Addiction Counselors; OR 1.4 General CEUs from UMBC
Completion of “Comprehensive Crisis Preparation & Response for the Workplace” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (14 Contact Hours) qualifies as a class in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.