Supporting ICISF & First Responders
Make An Online Donation to ICISF
The International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, Inc. (ICISF) is a not for profit organization that is “Helping Save the Heroes” by providing pre-incident education to address the mental health concerns of those who respond to disaster and crises.
As the name implies, first responders are those people that are first on the scene. Whether is a natural or man-made catastrophic event or act of violence, this can include firefighters, law enforcement officers, emergency medical personnel, dispatchers, members of the military (active, reserve, and veterans), school teachers, airline personnel, and any other citizen that may be affected by a catastrophic event or act of violence.
First responders answer the call every day responding to many different types of critical incidents including robberies, motor vehicle accidents, emergency medical responses, domestic assaults, school shootings, hostage situations, fires, and other violence. Being repeatedly exposed to these types of incidents can elicit stress responses and symptoms. A critical incident can be defined as "any event that has a stressful impact sufficient enough to overwhelm the usually effective coping skills of an individual". Critical incidents are abrupt, powerful events that fall outside the range of ordinary human experiences. These events can have a strong emotional impact, even on the most experienced first responder or citizen.
In a research bulletin published in May 2018 from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), they estimate 30% of first responders develop behavioral health conditions, including but not limited to, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). According to a study in this bulletin, 69% of Emergency Medical Service professionals have never had enough time to recover between traumatic incidents. Depression, stress and post-traumatic stress symptoms, suicidal ideation, and other functional and related conditions were reported as a result.
ICISF offers critical incident stress management education and training to provide the tools and resources needed for first responders to deal with critical incident stress. These tools and resources allow those individuals to in turn help their peers who they work with on a daily basis. Our work isn't possible without individuals like you providing support to ICISF.
Every little bit helps! Your donation will allow us to expand our outreach to be able to reach more individuals seeking critical incident stress management education.
YOU are truly making a difference by “Helping to Save the Heroes!”
Make An Online Donation to ICISF
If you would like to make an offline donation, you can also mail us a donation to the address below:
International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
Attn: Kelly Hall, Development Coordinator
3290 Pine Orchard Lane, Suite 106
Ellicott City, MD 21042
Support ICISF, First Responders, & CISM Teams Worldwide
Read articles of how ICISF and CISM are making a difference in the lives of first responders on a daily basis. You can also learn more about active CISM?Peer Support Teams that are trying to raise money for important equipment and ICISF training needed for their department or peers. Learn more by clicking the link below.
ICISF Making A Difference
Shop on Amazon Smile
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com.
The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
How can I start?
By clicking on the button to the right, it will automatically add the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation as the supporting non-profit so when you shop, a percentage of your order will be donated to ICISF through the AmazonSmile Foundation.
Support ICISF & CISM Teams - Create a Fundraising Page
ICISF has joined forces with Kindful to develop new fundraising pages so individuals can "Help Save The Heroes" in their community. These fundraising pages make it easy to create a personalized fundraiser anywhere in the world to help support ICISF. Learn about each campaign below and get started today!
- ICISF Heroes Campaign - create a fundraising page (a memorial page, raise funds for your birthday to help first responders, and more) to assist first responders, military, nurses, airline pilots, and other first responders.
- Run/Walk/Bike for ICISF - Do you currently run, walk, or bike with friends, coworkers, or in groups? Well now you can do what you love while supporting ICISF. Individuals can create a fundraising page or have teams who like to run/walk/bike together and help spread the word about Critical Incident Stress Management.
- CISM Team Fundraising - Would you and your CISM Team like some additional funding for training or equipment for your department? Create a CISM Team fundraising page to help raise monies for your team to obtain equipment or attend ICISF training.
- End of the Year Giving - Join ICISF and create a fundraising page for your end of the year giving and help spread the word in your community.
Support ICISF on eBay
Shop or sell and support International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, Inc. on eBay.
- Add us as your Favorite charity on eBay to see us as your preferred charity in eBay checkout. You will also be able to easily donate a portion of your proceeds to us when you sell on eBay AND get some of your seller fees waived and receive the tax credits. The eBay for Charity platform makes it all happen!
- Visit our charity page today and be part of a growing eBay community that has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to thousands of charities.
PayPal Giving Fund
Why donate through Paypal?
- 100% of the donations the PayPal Giving Fund receives are granted to charities.
- Your donation will be made to PayPal Giving Fund, an IRS-registered 501(c)(3) public charity (Federal Tax ID: 45-0931286). PayPal Giving Fund is the charity of record and will provide the donation receipt for your gift.
Learn more by reading the article at the bottom of this page.