Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered as a Remote Learning – Live Training! Learn More & Register.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
The faith based communities have long been responders to disaster and emergencies, providing needed care to those impacted. Recent events both in the US and internationally highlight the need for crisis services for those very faith based communities when events impact their staff and volunteers. This workshop will address providing crisis services for places of worship, with an emphasis on caring for the staff, spiritual leadership, and worshipers as potential groups needing services.
Continuing Education Information:
General Contact Hours:
7 Contact Hours: 0.7 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 7 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 7 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Live Trainings, Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and the World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.