Requesting This Course:
- This course is being offered at the following upcoming Regional Training. Click on the city name for further information and registration: Portland, ME.
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Pastoral Crisis Intervention may be thought of as the integration of psychological crisis intervention with pastoral perspectives and resources. This newly revised course (previously known as Pastoral Crisis Intervention I & II) is designed to train participants in the use of psychological trauma and intervention techniques. This program does not provide instruction on spirituality or theology. Additionally, more specific advanced concepts and current field applications where pastoral crisis intervention will be covered.
Chaplains, pastoral counselors, mental health professionals, ministers, and anyone interested in the use of faith- based resources in healing or enhancing their skills in responding to individuals in crisis should find this course of interest.
- Define crisis intervention, CISM and PCI
- Classify risks and potential adverse reactions
- Recount advance topics in assessment
- Describe principals of basic spiritual first aid
- Discuss PCI with those expressing theodolite concerns
- Describe the incident management system (IMS)
- Illustrate PCI with those expressing suicidal ideation
- Describe PCI with those in acute bereavement
- Describe principles of death notification
- Identify principals and practices associated with self care
Continuing Education Information:
Three-Day Course: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
General Contact Hours: 26 Contact Hours: 2.6 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 26 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2020) Renewal Pending
- 26 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.