Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Resilience is recognized as an important factor in sustained health and performance in the workplace. Recent changes in healthcare delivery, ethics, and technology present both stress and opportunities for personal and career development and finding meaning in one’s work. The role of specific behaviors, values, mindsets and relationships in sustaining resilience is becoming more commonly appreciated. This course will present the state of the field of resilience in Healthcare. It is designed for Nursing Professionals, Physicians, and Pre-hospital Providers, and all those who serve in healthcare today. Interactive exercises will assist in enhancing resilience from multiple perspectives. to elicit and teach the skills of resilience. The role of resilience training for new professionals, as well as the role of supervisors, mentors, and preceptors in enhancing resilience will be reviewed. The connection between resilience and expert performance and decision making will be discussed.
- The multiple perspectives of resilience in Healthcare
- The Practices of Resilience: Behavior, mindsets, values
- Resilience and performance
- The development of Resilient Professionals
- Supervisors and resilient staff development
- Mentoring / Preceptor strategies for Resilience
- Personal plan for building resilience
- Integration with training / continuing education
Completion of “Resilience in Healthcare: Performance, Meaning and Connection” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (7 Contact Hours) qualifies as a class in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
Continuing Education Information
One-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
7 Contact Hours; 7 PDHs for EAPs; 7 Contact Hours for National Certified Addiction Counselors; OR .7 General CEUs from UMBC
Continuing education information listed under the course description is only applicable when attending an ICISF Regional Training.