Requesting This Course:
- For information on requesting this course for your organization through our Speakers Bureau program, please contact Millie Morehouse at [email protected].
- To check if this course is being offered by an Approved Instructor, search our Event Calendar.
Resilience is recognized as an important factor in sustained health and performance in the workplace. Recent changes in healthcare delivery, ethics, and technology present both stress and opportunities for personal and career development and finding meaning in one’s work. The role of specific behaviors, values, mindsets and relationships in sustaining resilience is becoming more commonly appreciated. This course will present the state of the field of resilience in Healthcare. It is designed for Nursing Professionals, Physicians, and Pre-hospital Providers, and all those who serve in healthcare today. Interactive exercises will assist in enhancing resilience from multiple perspectives to elicit and teach the skills of resilience. The role of resilience training for new professionals, as well as the role of supervisors, mentors, and preceptors in enhancing resilience will be reviewed. The connection between resilience and expert performance and decision making will be discussed.
- The multiple perspectives of resilience in Healthcare
- The Practices of Resilience: Behavior, mindsets, values
- Resilience and performance
- The development of Resilient Professionals
- Supervisors and resilient staff development
- Mentoring / Preceptor strategies for Resilience
- Personal plan for building resilience
- Integration with training / continuing education
Continuing Education Information:
One-Day Course: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
General Contact Hours:
7 Contact Hours: 0.7 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
*Based on a formula of 1 Continuing Education Unit for every 10 contact/classroom hours.
Profession Specific Contact Hours:
- 7 PDHs for EAPs (Expiration Date – May 31, 2021)
- 7 CE Credits for National Certified Addiction Counselors (Expiration Date – March 1, 2021)
*PLEASE NOTE: These hours are only applicable towards courses offered at Regional Trainings, Online Courses, and World Congress.
Approved Instructor Courses:
It is up to the Approved Instructors or sponsoring agency to apply for profession specific Continuing Education Unit’s if they choose. Learn more on our CEU Information page.
** Please check with your state licensing board prior to registration to see if they will accept the certificate of completion as a means for continuing education.